When someone you care about is killed in a car accident, the shock and suddenness of the event can bring you physically and emotionally to your knees. If the loss of your loved one was caused by the negligence and carelessness of someone else, the death is that much more inconceivable. Unfortunately, someone is killed in a car accident every thirteen seconds in this country.
• Driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs
• Distracted drivers talking and texting on cell phones
• Aggressive driving behaviors such as tailgating and intimidation
• Speeding and driving too fast for road and weather conditions
• Disobeying posted signs and traffic lights
The loss of a spouse, child, sibling or parent in a fatal car accident presents challenges even for the strongest survivors. Thousands of people are killed each year on highways across this country because of someone else’s negligent behavior. When someone is killed as a result of someone else’s willful wrongful actions, this is known as a wrongful death and the survivors of the victim are entitled to financial compensation for their loss.
Recovering Financial Compensation for the Losses You Have Suffered
Everyone agrees that no amount of money can repay you for the loss of a loved one, but those responsible for your loss should be held legally and financial responsible for your suffering. If you have lost a loved one in a fatal car accident, you can recover compensation for:
• Medical expenses
• Loss of income
• Loss of future earning potential
• Funeral and burial expenses
• Emotional and psychological trauma
• Pain and suffering of the deceased prior to their death
If someone that close to you has been in a fatal car accident, and you wish to seek financial compensation for your losses, then please call The Law Offices of Halkides, Morgan, and Kelley at 530.221.8150, to speak to an experienced auto accident attorney.